- Joined club in 1983
- Played in women's firsts from 1983 to 1999.
We had mixed success over the years but always a lot of fun due to great coaches and teammates. In the early years we were in VWBA Div 2, but then dropped to Div 3 for a season or so before making our way back into the higher levels. In the later years we were in the MMBL Premier Division and were champions of that league in 1998.
- Played fairly consistently in the Sunday night A Grade team from 1983 until 1998 and in the Thursday night A Grade team from 1983 till about 1995.
Sunday and Thursday night teams trained on Saturday morning (before frequently retiring to the Clyde for the afternoon) and the Womens firsts and seconds trained Mondays and played Wednesdays. That accounted for most of the week! In addition, I participated in the boys training on Friday nights for a while and there was a time in the mid 80’s where the womens 1st’s entered a netball team on Tuesdays so there were periods when MUBC/basketball took up the whole week.
- Participated and played at many tournaments from 1983 through till about 2002.
This included many attendances at Warrnambool, Ballarat, Mt Gambier, Portland, Moe, Morwell, Traralgon, Albury and Swan Hill. (I received extra brownie points at Portland tournaments where my family bolstered the supporter ranks for Uni teams.)
- Played IV (Intervarsity - now AUG) in 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1987.
We won in 1985 when the tournament was hosted by MUBC in Swan Hill (out of town because Latrobe had hosted IV the prior year and we didn’t want it to be in Melbourne 2 years in a row).
- Team manager for the women’s IV team in 1988 in Port Macquarie (where MUBC women won)
- Committee member from 1984-1999: Junior Representative 1984; Female General Rep 1988 then Treasurer 1989 - 1994
- Club representative on VWBC for several years.
- Half Blue from Melbourne University in 1983 and re-award in 1987
- Received John Bayliss award in 1991