The Big V Delegate role is up for grabs at the AGM on February 7th!
The position is responsible for being the contact point between the Big V and other associations that play and Melbourne Uni Basketball Club. It is an important role as it ensures that the Club is aware of any changes that are occurring within the League and promotes MUBC as a professional and respected Club.
The duties performed by the Big V Delegate are primarily during the season (March – August). This will involve sending weekly emails to opposing teams confirming the team/game time etc. However, the role also involves some other tasks such as attending the Big V AGM. And co-ordinating venue availability with MU Sport.
It isn’t a particularly hard role and would be great for someone involved in the Big V competition.
Rhia will be available to mentor and help any new committee members early in the season so you wont be all on your own! Please get in touch with Rhia (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or have any questions.
- Attending the Big V Annual General Meeting once per year
- Being a contact person for other associations and the League.
- Sending weekly invite and team list emails to other clubs
- Co-ordinating score table/stats officials for game night
- Making programs for game night
- Liaison with MU Sport regarding fixturing